Two-day Certificated Teacher Training in Developmental Baby Massage
For children’s centre staff, family health professionals and parent practitioners.
Peter is a teacher’s trainer, physical therapist and international author. He has over 40 years’ experience in the delivery of baby massage training, as well as group and one-to-one sessions with mothers, fathers and carers with babies, and babies and children with ‘additional needs’. His experience in physical therapy and yoga underpins the high quality of this programme, with techniques based upon the stages of the baby’s physical and emotional development.
Peter is the leading teacher’s teacher in the UK. Credited with the free teaching of baby massage in NHS centres throughout the UK.
This course is fully accredited by the federation of antenatal educators and independent professional therapists international. The course includes key principles underpinning neuroscience and child development. Empowering parents to form a warm positive relationship with their baby while securing their child’s development from birth to standing.
1) The importance of Emotional Intelligence and a Loving Touch.
Bonding and Attachment – birth to six to eight weeks (can also be taught antenatal)
- Introducing development of loving touch, secure holding, safe tummy time and promoting overall good
reciprocity to facilitate mother-infant bonding.
- Remedial Touch techniques to relieve intra-uterine and difficult birth experience for the baby where
identified as needed.
- Holding and stroking techniques prior to massage to relieve physiological flexion and abdominal
- Techniques to release the phrenic nerve and diaphragm and improve respiration.
2) Developmental Baby Massage – Eight Weeks to Standing
Massage Techniques and strokes are demonstrated to parents using a teacher’s doll, with emphasis on session being baby-led.
- Quality time for parents to get to know their baby through play, loving touch, talking and singing to the
baby and learning about baby’s cues and communication.
- Endorsement on the benefits of safe tummy time.
- Baby observation to promote reciprocity and facilitate mother infant bonding for a foundation of secure attachment.
- Relevant infant development, anatomy and physiology.
- Improving circulatory, respiratory rhythms, back strength and joint flexibility and muscle tone.
- Relief of common infant ailments.
- Consideration of babies with additional needs and developmental delay.
- Includes contra-indications, safety, correct baby massage oils and usage.
3) Infant Balance and Good Posture
Primary preparation for sitting and standing (using gravity assisted techniques for stronger structural foundations)
High quality resource: Peter’s latest baby massage book (international best seller) fully illustrated step by step course notes for delegates.
In House Teacher Training given throughout UK.
Small groups available in Plymouth
London Courses at
The Active Birth Centre
25 Bickerton Road
24th and 25th February 2018
Developmental Baby Massage
23rd and 24th June 2018
Mother and Baby Soft Yoga
3rd and 4th November 2018
Ten Step Therapeutic Play to Reduce Infant Disability
Certified Teachers, Parent Practioner’s and Physio’s only.
Mobile: +44 (0) 7833072255
One Day Developmental Baby Massage Teaching Update
Details on request
Bi-monthly news letter and
Post course support given for all teachers