INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF DEVELOPMENTAL BABY MASSAGE
Two day ‘in house’ Certificated
Developmental Baby MassageTeacher Training
for Health Professionals & Childrens Centre Staff
To enable them to show and teach to parents and carers invaluable techniques for family health
Key principles of underpinning neuroscience, psychodynamic and child development empowering parents to form a positive relationship with their baby and secure their baby’s development.
This certificated course includes ;
1) Holding Reassurance Programme
Birth to eight weeks
a) Secure Attachment
b) Observe babies cues in communication
c) Identify and offer techniques in remedial touch to relieve intra-uterine and birth trauma
d) Introduce holding positions, stroking and gentle stretching prior to any massage to relieve physiological flexion and abdominal tension and reduce the occurrence of ‘periodic breathing’.
2) Developmental Baby Massage
Eight Weeks to Standing
The Correct Use of Baby Massage to:
1) Develop circulatory and breathing rythms
2) Reduce the occurance of ‘plagiocephaly’
3) An easy introduction to ‘tummy time’.
4) Develop muscle strength and joint flexibility
5) Relieve some common infant ailments
6) Common sense anatomy and physiology relative to early infant motor and emotional development
7) Elementarymotor delay and correction
8) Usage of the correct oils from birth
9) Easy to learn massage sequences including singing, kissing, talking and play. A quality and enjoyable time for both parent and child.
10) ‘Making friends with Gravity’ the correct way to teach sitting and standing
3) High quality resource : Peter Walker’s DVD ‘Developmental Baby Massage’. A copy of his international best selling book ‘Developmental Baby Massage’ and a full set of course notes given to all students.
‘My staff and I have thoroughly enjoyed the training over the last two days. We are really eager to put it in to practice with the families we work with’
‘I would like to add just how much I enjoy teaching the Developmental Baby Massage program. I have witnessed such positive results, not only with the babies and development but also with the parents and their responses. It really makes a difference in terms of attachment, parenting and building confidence’
‘My working practice within the NHS is using The Solihull Approach; I strongly believe that Developmental Baby Massage complements this approach’
For ‘In House’ course at your venue
London course June 22nd / 23rd 2013
27A Queens Terrace London NW8 6EA
Courses given by Peter Walker therapist, author and film maker. Credited as the original NHS baby massage teacher’s trainer. The leading international trainer for Developmental Baby Massage with over 35 years of group teaching experience with over 14,000 teachers worldwide.
Quarterly ‘news bulletin’
Post Course support for all teachers
"Peter Walker is well known in the baby massage field. It was therefore to him that we turned when setting up training days during which health vistors could learn more about the value and technique of baby massage. These days have been a huge success and resulted in baby massage being offered free to parents in health centres and clinics throughout the country"
Sarah Forester RGN HV Cert. Ed..
Professional Officer (Education) Health Visitors Association,
"Baby Massage", Piatkus Books.